Using the Mill
When: Saturday October 22, 2016 10am to 12pm.
Get Tickets: Register here!
Description: Hive member Brad Walsh will be doing an introduction to using the mill. Learn what the mill does and how it can be used. A small ($20) donation is requested to cover the cost of materials, which will go home with you (an endmill and a chunk of aluminum to continue to improve your milling skills).
Using the Lathe
When: Saturday October 22, 2016 1am to 12pm.
Description: Hive member Brad Walsh will be doing an introduction to using the metal lathe. Learn what it does and how it can be used. Maybe you can even mill threads on a bolt! A small (10$) donation is requested to cover the cost of materials (aluminum chunk).
Both Events require basic machine safety gear
- Substantial shoes (no sandals or open toe). Hot metal chips can hurt.
- Long hair pulled back in a ponytail.
- No hand jewelry (rings, watches).
- Eye protection (safety glasses can be provided).
- Prefer no long sleeves, they can be rolled up though.
- Idea is to not have anything to catch on the spinning tool/part and pull you into the process.