If you want to join Hive13, the first step is to simply show up! (Find Us) The Tuesday night meetings are open for all to attend and there will always be people there willing to show you around and tell you what’s going on. Members usually start rolling in after working hours, and are generally working on projects and/or are open to introductions and general conversation before the start of the 7:30pm meeting. We usually have officer reports on the first Tuesday of the month, and a guest speaker on the second Tuesday of the month.
Sign our Liability Waiver Form
Every member must sign a standard Release of Liability form saying you won’t hold the Space liable if you injure yourself or damage your property while working within the space or with tools and equipment provided by the space.
Click on this link to display a printable blank liability waiver form
Fill it out, sign it, then bring it to a next HIVE event and hand it to one of our officers.
Troll and join our mailing list!
Give the Membership Details page a read, and read the HIVE13 Bylaws (pdf link) to understand the responsibilities that come with a membership. In order to join us and gain the resources of the group as a whole, you must be able to financially support our organization as well as participate in Hive projects.
Apply for Membership
Once you’ve gotten a chance to know us and you decide that both you and the Hackerspace would benefit from your joining, you should submit an application for membership.
Membership Application Checklist
- Visit our Intweb site and click "Register" to create an account.
- Once your account is created, sign in to Intweb and a new link called "Apply for Membership" will appear for you. Fill out the form and you may even upload a photo so that others can recognize you.
- Come to a Hive13 open Tuesday meeting held weekly at 7:30 pm. In fact, come earlier! There will be someone to show you around.
- Talk with a member of Leadership and tell them you want to become a member. You will review and sign a printed copy of your application before processing.
- Once your application is processed, you can then sign into your Intweb account which will now show a link for Payments.
- Click the payment link and sign up for the appropriate amount. Full membership is $50 / month. Student members pay $13.37 / month. Hive13 uses PayPal to process dues payments.
- You will receive introductions to other members, a keycard for access, and an orientation tour.
- Go make something!
All membership queries should be directed to email@example.com.